Thursday, August 27, 2009

No two days are alike in my library, in any library for that matter! Some days it seems like all I do is crawl around on the floor checking computer cable connections and taking screenshots of error messages and other days I order books and even answer reference questions (my favorite thing to do!). I wonder why it seems that people who come to the library looking for books or information are often very hesitant to ask us for help, it’s what we’re there for, yet people who come in to use our Internet computers do not hesitate to ask any little thing and panic if something happens to the connection or they can’t log in, not to mention interrupting us when we are talking to other patrons to tell us that the printer is out of paper or whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment